Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Neil Lennon looking for consistency from SFA

Neil Lennon says he will be watching what type of penalty the SFA hands down to one of his counterparts.

The Celtic boss was handed another four-match ban for his conflict with Rangers assistant Ally McCoist back in the March 2 Scottish Cup fifth round replay at Celtic Park and he is waiting to observe what happens to Aberdeen’s Craig Brown.

Brown had a similar argument with Motherwell chairman John Boyle recently and the Hoops boss admits he is involved to see what occurs on that front.



"Yes, I just want to be treated like any other manager,” he said. “Is anything diverse from what Craig Brown did to what I did?

"All these people are telling me I've got to grow up and I want to show more maturity.

"Well, there is the oldest manager in the game - with 30, 38 years of experience - perhaps doing a lot worse than what I did.

"Yet what he did acquire laughed off and I get demonized for it.

"There is a distinction in personalities and the way you depict it in the public eye.

"I am used to it. I am not looking for sympathy. I'm just looking for justice, that's all.

“Other managers condemn referees. Am I the only manager in the world who criticizes referees?

"Sometimes it has seemed that way this time. I have been to the Scottish Football Association a pair of times and I ended up getting a suspended fine because my comments were not really that bad.

"They weren't personal, which is for sure, and no dissimilar to what other managers do."



No comments:

Post a Comment